Bionaire Electric Fireplace Heater Review BFH5000-UM currently ranks as one of the most loved freestanding electric fireplaces in the market today. A combination of style and enviable features, the unit has a 4-star rating out of 5 in Amazon with promising reviews from its users. The fact that it comes from reputed brand, Bionaire, is another feather in its cap, making it a highly appealing choice for homeowners everywhere. What exactly does this product offer that pumps up its demand? Here’s what you should know about the item.
Measuring 31 by 4 by 23 inches, the product fits well in most homes. Looking much like your typical flat screen, the item can actually be confused as a television at first glance. The obvious fireplace image, however, makes it easy to distinguish the unit from the entertainment device. Running on 1500 watt at its maximum, the item is primarily done in black so that it blends well with practically any home décor. Aside from the main unit, you’ll get a floor stand, controls, and hardware in case of wall mounting.
- Displays realistic glowing logs and embers on the front
- Digital display is programmable
- Features a 12-hour timer
- Comes with an automatic shut off in case of overheating
- It’s easy to use with controls available on the unit itself and through a remote control that needs 2 AAA batteries. The batteries are already included upon order.
- Setup is remarkably easy with everything you’ll need already available in the box. The manufacturer is also explicit with their instructions, allowing you to follow the directions and watch out for any installation problems.
- According to reports, the unit can easily heat up a room of 240-square feet. However, built of the electric fireplace suggests that it can heat up as much as 240-square feet of space sufficiently.
- Depending on your monthly budget for electricity, the unit can add as much as $30 to your payment, which is basically one dollar a day. Of course, that depends largely on the power rate in your area and how long you keep the unit running. For the most part, however, that’s a budget-friendly amount.
- The unit comes with a one year limited warranty
- The basic black design makes it perfect for most homes. Very pleasing to the eye, it still manages to blend in the overall home décor so that there are instances when you won’t even realize it’s there.
- It comes with a standard male plug so you don’t have to use an adaptor of any sort. Set up with internal safety features, the unit automatically shuts off if it overheats.
- The heat is discharged at a downward angle, which makes sense, given that warm air tends to float upwards. With the heat discharged downwards, you’ll be sure that the whole room is heated up as opposed to an upward discharge wherein the heat may not make it all the way to the room.
- The downward discharge also makes the unit ideal for practically any placement in the house. It can be situated near a stereo or a television since the heat won’t hit the appliance.
- The 12-hour timer gives you the chance to set the unit running at a given time, ensuring that the house is warm and toasty before you come home at night. You can also have it automatically turned off in the morning for when you’re not at home. Either way, it would make it easy for you to save on resources.
A common issue with the unit is the image display of the fire logs, which is far from convincing. The snap-crackle-pop sound is also not that realistic. The cord is also quite short at just 4 feet in length. However, a long cord isn’t really necessary considering how the unit is set against the wall. Also note that there’s a low volume but persistent humming noise that comes out of the fireplace when in use.
Pricing and Additional Information
Like all freestanding electric fireplaces, you should NOT use this electric fireplace heater in any area where there is water. Using the floor stand is relatively easy but for the wall mount, you’ll need a drill to secure the item in place.
As for the cost, it’s not exactly the cheapest model in the market. However, it’s not the most expensive either, settling at a price range that is more than reasonable for the average buyer. The prices may vary on a dollar basis depending on where you place your order.
All in all, it’s a pretty good model and would be perfect for large family homes. Checking out the different features of the product, it’s not surprising that this is one of the freestanding electric fireplaces with good feedback from many of its users. Currently available online, make sure to check out more of the Bionaire Electric Fireplace Heater before deciding whether this is the one for you.