If you’re looking for quality freestanding electric fireplaces, the Lifesmart Infrared LS2002FRP13 is a good place to start. Offering users with a host of features designed to make your life more comfortable, this particular unit has earned a 4-star rating out of 5 in online stores. Of course, you’ll have to figure out yourself whether this is the product for you.
Measuring 11 by 29 by 23 inches, this particular model has a weight of roughly 45 pounds. The design is very woodish, creating that classical look that makes it perfect for practically all types of room décor. Usually delivered at no cost to the buyer, this model is currently available online.
- Works through infrared warmth, capable of heating a large room
- Features 2 heat settings
- Made with stylish oak stain mantle with E-Z glide casters
- Relatively quiet with a scroll fan that circulates heat
- Displays digital thermostat with remote
- Realistic fire display
- Overheat safety feature
- Remote controlled
- The product is perfect for large rooms, capable of heating at most 1000 square feet of space. For comparison, the typical electric fireplace can only heat up around 400 square feet.
- Fire display is wonderfully realistic and accompanied with the expected sound of logs kindling in the fire.
- The product’s design is definitely superior with an oak stain mantle reminiscent of actual fireplaces.
- You can roll the unit from one spot to another so you don’t have to worry about carrying it around. In a sense, this makes for a perfect portable heater – ideal for homes with lots of rooms. The casters also let you maintain the stability of the heater so it won’t move or stumble while currently in use.
- To prevent overheating, the unit comes with a safety feature, which automatically dials down the temperature if it reaches a certain degree, ensuring that you won’t have to worry about fire or damaged appliances.
- The exterior is cool to the touch so you don’t have to worry about children and pets getting close to the model.
- The unit is reasonably quiet although not completely mute. You can hear a consistent humming sound due to the fan distributing the heat but otherwise, the sounds are very tolerable
- Comes with a remote control so you can adjust the heat settings at a flick of a finger.
- There’s also a digital thermostat attached with the unit so you’ll have a pretty good idea about the current settings of the electric fireplace. Together with the remote, it should be easy to set the unit at a precise level for optimum comfort.
- Expect roughly $20 to $30 added to your electric bill every month if you keep the fireplace running for 4 to 6 hours daily. Of course, the ultimate amount depends on the power rate in your area. For the most part, the model’s operation expense is the same as with other fireplaces.
- Incredibly easy to use, the product comes with a straightforward instruction manual, which tells you exactly how to get started. No setup or installation necessary, the unit is essentially a plug-it and use-it model.
- Reviews for the product have been more than promising with users noting the durable quality of the unit. There are those who praised the item for its long-life, providing excellent service even after years of use.
Note that some users state that 1000 square feet is overestimation as to its heating capacity, although there’s definitely a consensus that it heats more than the typical 400 square feet. It takes some time for the entire room to be heated using this unit, but that’s to be expected with all freestanding electric fireplaces. Also, it can’t be wall-mounted, which can be a pro or a con, depending on how you look at things.
Pricing and Additional Information
The Lifesmart Infrared Electric Fireplace LS2002FRP13 is on the expensive side of the scale, but not too much. There are certainly cheaper freestanding electric fireplaces, but none with the features equal to this Lifesmart model. You can also purchase accessories together with the unit, one of which is the paintable wire channel.
It basically lets you hide the wire so that it doesn’t distract from the overall design of the room. It’s covered by a one year limited warranty, as with most fireplaces. As for delivery, buyers note that the item is delivered to them within a reasonable timeframe.
All in all, this Lifesmart model is definitely one of the better freestanding electric fireplaces available in the market today. Offering a combination of style and enviable features, it’s a great buy for homeowners who want the luxury of a well-heated room without splurging too much on their electricity bill.
Of course, if you’re heating just a small area, this isn’t the one for you. However, if you intend to keep a larger area warm and comfortable, this is the most cost-effective choice among the units available today. For more information about Lifesmart Infrared Electric Fireplace LS2002FRP13, check out what other people has to say.